From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lokesh Gupta
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:20 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: DB2 table vs Physical files

Hi,
I used to work with Physical Files (PF)  and this is first time when I may
have to work
with DB2 tables. I need to pull data from As400 to windows environment (this
could be
.net or Java) over ODBC and I have an option to use physical files or DB2
tables.
My question is (1) which option would be better for performance pov PF or
DB2 tables.
I do not need to join lot of tables, it is just couple of tables and a
simple query.
I do not see any difference from windows side to access the data.

Secondly, Is there any data conversion involved (db2 or PF) as I am pulling
data
from AS400 to Windows, if yes, how will that affect the performance.

regards,
Lokesh