All,

After applying CUME 4077 (V5R2), we noticed that email distribution of
reports being processed by InfoPrint Server started going to the wrong
recipients. At the time, this problem appeared to be random in nature,
since not all print jobs were affected. Further investigation revealed
that the problem only occurs when multiple spool files are being
processed simultaneously by InfoPrint.

We use a custom PDF Mapping Program in order to handle our distribution,
and I was able to step through the program in debug mode in order to
determine what was happening. What I found was that Infoprint would pass
the incorrect qualified job name within the Input Information Data
Structure passed as the first parameter to the PDF Mapping Program.
Since our mapping program uses the User ID within this job name to
retrieve the associated SMTP email address from the System Distribution
Directory, we were inadvertently sending the PDF file to the wrong
recipient.

This problem has been solved by PTF's released after the CUME. The
following knowledge base article provides a list of PTF's for Infoprint
and AFP print processing that should be applied right a after the CUME:

 http://makeashorterlink.com/?S54216548

If you're already in production with this CUME, and unable to apply the
PTF's right away, you can work around the problem by changing the
Maximum Pending Requests (MAXPNDRQS) parameter on the AFP device
description to a value of 1. This will force Infoprint to process only a
single spool file at a time.

Hopefully, this information will help some of you avoid the fallout
generated when your shipping clerk gets the monthly income statement
instead of your CFO. :)

Regards,

John Taylor