Jeff,

This is the same Soltis who, at a breakfast meeting in the early '90s,
claimed that the laws of physics prevented CPU speeds past 500
megahertz.   He's a brilliant guy, but sometimes he discusses things
when he shouldn't.

Chuck

> I was at a talk Frank Soltis gave last year or the year before and he
> made the statement that Windows would be ported to POWER architecture
> within (I think it was 18) months after
> 64 bit Windows was GA'ed.

Didn't NT 4.0, once upon a time, run on the POWER architecture?  But
then MS stopped that 'cause it made Intel mad or some such reason?

I _can't_ be dreaming this up, can I?

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.