Philipp

Sorry to hear that. It was a long shot.

What if you changed your keyboard to US English? I forget, does Win2K have the ability for you to select keyboard type on the fly? Personal Communications ought to handle other languages. PCOMM's the basis, as you know, of Ops Console.

Maybe find a copy of Personal Communications and set up its Async console. I have a version 4.5 or 5.x that I got for about $150 US, which uses the same direct cable connection. The iSeries Access version is probably lagging behind the full PCOMM product. But iSeries support should know something, I hope.

Do you have any way to report the problem to Microsoft? To say the problem is not limited to SMS Server?

Hope you get an answer soon.
Vern