Mike,

If you have the time available to process a reorganization to purge deleted
records, then there should be no downside except for the relative record
number processing disaster mentioned in a previous post.  I'm assuming that
this is a one-time kind of thing you're doing because you want more disk
space, and not a weekly process you're going to implement in production.

Some thoughts:

- If you have applications that process your database by relative record
number, then a reorganization could break the whole thing.  This is an older
style of processing and is not often found in newer applications.  A system
which does this type of processing should have its own set of utilities for
reorganization.

- If your files are very large, I would not attempt to resequence them by
key unless you have a lengthy amount of time available.  Just do the purge,
get your space back, and leave the order as is.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse