Oh - your idea to convert from M36 to S36EE on a V4R4 box is a good one,
but S/36 & S/36 Migration (OS/400 part 4) are still in V4R5 (even there at
V5R2)  - you just can't run the M36 after V4R4.   So if you have the data
from the M36 saved to tape on a V4R4 system you could restore and migrate
on V4R5 through V5R2.

Some of the commands that are useful are RSTS36F, RSTS36FLR, RSTS36LIBM.
Check out GO CMDS36

Like I said, beware of any WSU programs, any programs with missing source
- or any assembler subroutines that may be called from S/36 programs that
may not have a native equivalent.  (names like SUBRxx).

...Neil

Philipp Rusch <philipp.rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
2004/04/05 04:55

cc

Subject
Re: Advanced S/36 (436) printer error

Neil,

with the 5494 there is no field 'BB' anymore, I think we have to change
back to 5394 units
at that site, since we want to isntall another two links to other sites.

Time to move away from the 436 to a real 400 with S36EE, are there any
serious caveats ?

I read about V4R5 not supporting Avdanced S/36 data when migrating.
Shall I install V4R4 first, take a tape and restore the Advanced S/36
data to that release,
and then migrat further ?

Philipp