DSPMSGD CPF2909 option 5, page down until you see the "Default reply" item - might be there.

Look also at DSPJOB for the user - inquiry message reply is what controls this, and its help has this information:

The default message reply is used to answer any inquiry messages issued while this job is running. The default reply is either defined in the message description or is the default system reply.

The default system reply is *N.

There's an article in the Software KB, Understanding What Controls the Automatic Reply Function at
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1aa72572bcaa69fe48625677d0068d90a&rs=110>.

Another article, Automatic Reply to Messages, is at
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1258feb261d777a34862565c2007d35cd&rs=110>.

Found this doing a search on "default system reply" in the Improved Search engine at iSeries Support.

HTH
Vern