Hi Scott

From your description it sounds to me like the remote controllers are maybe on the same segment of the WAN as the remote AS/400's being relocated. I seem to recall that if this is the case then all of that SNA/APPC stuff could be done just via Control point names etc. as long as the cards could identify each other via the mac address on the ring or the ethernet segment.

I'm not so sure this will work over a wan if IP and routers are concerned so I'm thinking Anynet or something will need to be involved here.

I guess if you could find something in your hosts table that had something like:
<controller name>.<network name>.SNA.IBM.COM I'd be more comfortable if I was you as this would indicate that your controllers were set up to deal with living on an IP network.

I'm not sure I have all the information I need to comment further: how are the controllers defined ? APPC controllers ? are the 5494's ? or older models ? IBM or Perle ?

I may have just exposed my ignorance but if I was in your shoes these are the questions I would be asking my guys, so I hope it helps :)

Regards
Evan Harris

I am planning on relocating two AS/400's from a remote location to my
location.  They each have three Token Ring cards.  IBM 5x94 remote
controllers connect to the first system.

When the machines arrive at the local site we know we will have to change
the IP address of the TR cards (and change the DNS server entries
accordingly), but since everyone should be accessing the AS/400's by
hostname (Client Access Express, FTP, ODBC, etc), this should not be a
problem.

Am I correct that the 5x94 controllers connect via the MAC address of the
TR card, so this should be no problem?

Are there any other potential 'gotchas' I may have missed here?  (We will
be all set with power, etc).

Any thoughts/suggestions/etc are welcome.

Scott Lindstrom