Hi Scott

It seems to me that at the time this command was introduced this made some sense for a couple of reasons.

When these commands were introduced there were no stream files or IFS as we know it today on the AS/400 and the "documents" referred to were PC documents (which only PC's could read) as opposed to OfficeVision documents which any green screen could read. Either could be accessed through OfficeVision but only PC's could handle the PC ones if they had the right application (like err... Lotus 1-2-3, or WordPerfect, or dBase, or Harcvard Graphics- remember them ?)

Once the PC documents were copied into a folder they could mailed and shared via OfficeVision so the purpose of the commands is reflected in their names as intended at the time.

Regards
Evan Harris

Actually the names "CPYTOPCD" and CPYFRMPCD" are one of my bigger pet
peeves with the way things are named in OS/400.  It really annoys me that
they refer to stream files as "PC documents" as if their made up of
special bytes that only PCs can read.