Thanks.... I tried the qualified DS. but it's not supported until 5.2, so I
just wrote a simple array program, to handle my needs... So the work is all
done...

Hopefully we'll be 5.2 in the next few months... so this won't be an
issue....

Tim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> [SMTP:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 1:54 PM
> To:   Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
> Subject:      RE: RE: is there a better way... (Sent by
> midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of rob@xxxxxxxxx )
> 
> To use an array datastructure the data structure has to be qualified. And
> come to think of it, I don't think qualified ds came about till V5R2. I'd
> guess that if seu is balking, it isn't supported in V5R1.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 4:50 PM
> To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc:
> Subject: RE: is there a better way... (Sent by
> midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of rob@xxxxxxxxx )
> 
> 
> Sample:
> > d                 ds
> > d chargegroup                         dim(20)
> > d  chargedesc                   30    overlay(chargegroup)
> > d  chargetotal                  17  2 overlay(chargegroup:*next)
> 
> If that still doesn't work, check the V5R1 manual about this.  If it says
> this is cool (assign a size to chargegroup) then either dump SEU and go to
> CODE or RSE, or ignore the error in SEU and see if it compiles anyway. SEU
> is rather obsolete and this wouldn't be the first discrepancy I've ran
> across.
> 
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 03/09/2004 04:02 PM
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 
> 
> To
> "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
> 
> Subject
> RE: is there a better way...
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Don't dim the ds line, dim a field inside it.
> 
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:41:52 -0800 , "Hatzenbeler, Tim"
> <thatzenbeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > Were on version 5.1  and I tried adding  a dim on a DS, but seu didn't
> > like
> > it...
> >
> > d chargegroup     ds                  dim(20)
> > d  chargedesc                   30
> > d  chargetotal                  17  2
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From:                midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > [SMTP:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> > > MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Sent:                Tuesday, March 09, 2004 12:20 PM
> > > To:          Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
> > > Subject:             Re: is there a better way...
> > >
> > >
> > > sounds like a prime candidate for a array datastructure to me. If
> you're
> > > on
> > > a release that supports it. I think it started with V5R1. Works like a
> > > MODS
> > > without the OCCURS opcode or bif.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > Mark D. Walter
> > > Senior Programmer/Analyst
> > > CCX, Inc.
> > > mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
> > > http://www.ccxinc.com
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >                       "Hatzenbeler, Tim"
> > >
> > >                       <thatzenbeler@clinit        To:       "'Midrange
> > > Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > >                       ech.net>                    cc:
> > >
> > >                       Sent by:                    Subject:  is there a
> > > better way...
> > >
> > >                       midrange-l-bounces@m
> > >
> > >                       idrange.com
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >                       03/09/2004 02:55 PM
> > >
> > >                       Please respond to
> > >
> > >                       Midrange Systems
> > >
> > >                       Technical Discussion
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm reading a PO, and there are various charges through each line of
> > > detail... And I was asked to group the charges at the bottom of the
> > > page...
> > >
> > > line 1
> > >      tax 8.96
> > >      frt 12.45
> > >      delivery 45.67
> > > line 2
> > >      tax 9.12
> > > line3
> > >      frt 9.23
> > >
> > >
> > > and at the bottom of the page, i need
> > >      tax xx.xx
> > >      frt xx.xx
> > >      delivery xx.xx
> > >
> > > so I was was thinking about using a mods to do this... With a simple
> add,
> > > find, update procedure...  But I was wondering, if there were better
> > > arrary
> > > handling features in the latest  versions of rpg, to handle this...
> > > d chargegroup     ds                  occurs(999) inz
> > > d  chargedesc                   30
> > > d  chargetotal                  17  2
> > >
> > > but, i'm not allowed to use embedded sql grouping / sum features... It
> has
> > > to be all old fashioned rpg code...
> > >
> > > I can't hard code these charge types, they can change anytime
> accounting
> > > feels like it...
> > >
> > > Thanks, tim
> > >
> > > This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
> the
> > > intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
> > > information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is
> > > prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> > > sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> > > list
> > > To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> > > or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > > at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> > > list
> > > To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> > > or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > > at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> > >
> > This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
> > the
> > intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
> > information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is
> > prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> > sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.
> > _______________________________________________
> > This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> > list
> > To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> > or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> >
> --
> 
>   michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> list
> To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> list
> To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
> list
> To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
> or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
> 
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.