We currently use both Frame relay and VPN trought the Internet (also
ISDN and other technology).

The concern with VPN is:
- is it available where you need it
- while most of the time, the respons time is very good, you will
suffer degradation and often nothing can be done (Ex: your ISP is the
victim of a dos attack)
- But once setup, it is as reliable as the internet is.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services technique TI
819 363 6130

SUPPORT
Jour (EST) Daytime : 819-363-6134
En-dehors des heures (EST) After hour : 819-363-6158
Network Status : 819-363-6157

>>> wmcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2004-03-05 16:03:49 >>>
I don't know how many frame relay drops you have, where they're
located,
or whether you need the connection for transaction processing or just
batch uploads.  We have more than 150 frame drops, most of them in
small
towns that are not served by any ISP's other than dialup.  They are
used
for real-timae transaction entry.  Those of us in urban areas tend to
take broadband-always-on internet access for granted, but our country
cousins have nowhere near the connectivity options that we do. Also, a

very important part of our operations involves election night vote
reporting and internet congestion is a real problem following the close

of the polls on election night.  Frame relay is right for us for these

reasons.  Hope this is of some help.

Ed Chabot wrote:

> Our current frame relay contract is up in May and I was wondering if
anyone is using
> other means of remote communication with the AS/400.  I've researched
VPN a bit and