Hello group,

I am in the process of making out software multi langual.

For display files this means that I want to put all screen constants with
text in them into a data base file, which can then be loaded using the
*Inzsr routine in the RPG programs.

Printouts are defined using RPG O specs. I am looking into using the same
concept I as I want to use for the display files.

The correct langauge file will then be used based on the library list, which
is set upon entry into the system. This should also apply to the message
files.

The process is quite a handfull to do manually, so I am looking for an
automated way to do this. The most cumbersome thing for me to do is to
extract all literals. This means I need to read all source files with DDS
specs, and then determine which lines contain a literal, and also take care
of the continuation lines.

Does anyone care to share such a utility, if it does exist at all?

Kind regards,

Loek Maartens,
Veracity Software Consultancy  BV