Thought I'd jump in here:

If you're iSeries does the DHCP and DNS an is running at least
v5r1...Dynamic DNS is easy:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm

Prior to that, to do dynamic or "pseudo-dynamic" DNS for a network you
needed to handle DCHP and DNS on a Windows or Unix/Linux box.

Windows offered a "pseudo-dynamic" DNS at least as far back as Windows NT 4.
0  I say "pseudo-dynamic" because it was really a DNS/WINS integration that
did dynamic DNS (WINS really) updates only for Windows based PC.

Windows 2000s Active Directory allowed for true dynamic updates.

HTH,
Charles