> the OS isn't really the issue with polling places.  It is the compilation
> software that is the problem.

if  i can compromise the OS and sniff/log the password then
i have the application. many are Access database, which
has it's own holes. Now this is no different than any other
wan except that most people would be uncomfortable if they
knew nobody was watching the store, and the lack of
redundancy and auditability makes is scary (to me).
jim