CREATE TABLE ROB/ERIC (MYDATE DATE NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT, MYCHAR
CHAR (1 ) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT)

INSERT INTO ROB/ERIC (MYDATE, MYCHAR) VALUES('0001-01-01', 'a')
It did allow this.  However,

STRDBG
select * from rob/eric
Did generate some messages
CPF5035-error code 18

INSERT INTO ROB/ERIC (MYDATE, MYCHAR) VALUES('2004-01-01', 'b')

select * from rob/eric
....+....1....+.
MYDATE    MYCHAR
++++++++    a
01/01/04    b
********  End of

Perhaps instead of using a default date of that, you need to either pick a
different default date, or better yet, set up your applications to handle
null fields.

drop table rob/eric
Drop of ERIC in ROB complete.
CREATE TABLE ROB/ERIC (MYDATE DATE , MYCHAR CHAR ( 1) NOT NULL WITH
DEFAULT)
Table ERIC in ROB created but could not be journaled.
INSERT INTO ROB/ERIC (MYCHAR) VALUES('a')
1 rows inserted in ERIC in ROB.
INSERT INTO ROB/ERIC (MYDATE, MYCHAR) VALUES('2004-01-01', 'b')
1 rows inserted in ERIC in ROB.
select * from rob/eric
SELECT statement run complete.
....+....1....+.
MYDATE    MYCHAR
-           a
01/01/04    b
********  End of

or perhaps
select coalesce(mydate,'0001-01-01'), mychar from rob/eric

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Eric Kempter" <EKempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/10/2004 01:42 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
SQL 22007

When attempting to read a file via an SQL select statement in RPGLE, I
receive SQL state error 22007 on a record that contains a non NULL date
field valued with 0001-01-01.   To my mind, this is a valid date.  When I
value this field with 2003-01-01, I do not receive an error.  Any thoughts
on what the problem could be?  We are using V5R2.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.