So it appears that RST will restore from the result of a SAVLIB to tape - I just tried a SAVOBJ to a SAVF, then RST '/QSYS.LIB/VERN.LIB/SAVFNAME.FILE' and this did not work - but when I CHGCURDIR to '/QSYS.LIB/VERN.LIB', it worked fine. So it had to be that '/' was the current directory, and the RST command says to go through subtrees.

Huh!

Vern