Charles Wilt wrote:

>At some point a predecessor change the Create Object Auditing (QCRTOBJAUD)
>system value to *ALL.
>
>Thus, if we try to turn on auditing we get lots of extraneous entries.
>
>My initial though is to CHGOBJAUT  OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL)
>OBJAUD(*USRPRF)
>
>But are there any IBM object that would normally have some other setting?
>
>Is there anyway to reset IBM objects to their default or print a list of
IBM
>objects that do not have their OBJAUD at the recommended setting?

I cannot talk for all IBM objects, but my guess is that 99 percent of them
are shipped with an OBJAUD value of *NONE. If you change them with
CHGOBJAUD you may also want change the directories and stream files with
CHGAUD.

Before changing anything I suggest using DSPOBJD to send the *FULL object
attributes to an output file and then run a query on that file and look for
objects where ODAUDT NE '*NONE'. If the only thing your predecessor did was
change QCRTOBJAUD to *ALL it would not cause the auditing value for most
IBM objects to change.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx