Scott,

I'm sure you had an unintentional typo.  I think COMPETES is much more
accurate in terms of the big picture...and in directions intermediate
term..

And, it's not a iSeries centric issue, is a O/S issue...  When p&i merge
into eserver (depending on how IBM finally decides how to do it), you're
going to be able to forget about the term iSeries....and concentrate on
the o/s and the applications....

Don in DC