Short of blowing the dust off of the Backup and Recovery Guide, can anyone
give me the most expedient way to restore some libraries saved in V5R2M0 to
a V3R2M0 box.  Yeah, I know, you can't do it. But I know there is way, at
least to get some of the stuff back.  Most of the V5R2M0 objects started
their life on the V3R2M0 box and haven't been recompiled since.  So here are
the basic questions:

1. I have a SOURCE library saved in V5R2M0.  Is there a better way of
restoring this library of source code than restoring to a V5R2M0 box and
then FTP'ing the members, one by one, to the old V3R2M0 box?  I know a
single member works because I did a single member a few weeks ago and it
worked just fine.  What I want is a way to get them all moved over without
having to do them one by one.

2. I have a library of physical files.  Is there an expedient way to move
these?  Restore to a V5R2M0 box and FTP them and their data, one by one?  I
haven't ever FTP'd a physical file before (usually just FTP save files) so
can I just FTP the physical files over regardless of OS level?

3. I have a library of program objects, most of which where compiled to be
able to run on a V3R2M0 box, some of them cannot. If I restored them to a
V5R2M0 box, saved them TGTRLS V4R5M0, and restored them to a V4R5M0 box and
THEN saved them to a V3R2M0 level would that work?  I understand that the
programs that were compiled to only run on a higher release level won't
save, that is OK.  The crux of the matter is, if an object was compiled on a
V3R2M0 box, restored to a V4R5M0 box and then saved and restored to a V5R2M0
box does the compatibility to a V3R2M0 release still apply?

Yeah, I am the guy who lost the iSeries "out the front door" last week.  I
can limp along with this V3R2M0 box for the week or so it would take to get
a new Model 800, I just need to get one application (source, physical files,
program objects) restored.  If I can only get physical files and source
restored, so be it.  I'll recompile the program objects.

Just looking for the quickest way. I still have to find a box I can restore
these SLR60 tapes on and then save them off to a *QIC2GB tape format (FTP
may be the fastest most "compatible" way to do it).

Thanks in Advance,

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc.