We've been using JetForms for about 5 years.  A bit of a CPU hog, but it
is 100% 400 based for report conversion; no Windows box required.  I
think you can even do some basic form design on the 400, but I'm not
sure.  Our guy who does the forms does them using the PC interface.  I
think it's got some rudimentary WYSIWYG functions but to do the more
powerful things your kind of stuck editing layout files.  Once you know
what you're doing, it doesn't take too long.

You can either just examine a report and format it based on what it sees
or embed codes to make it ewasier; we do both.  Canned JDE reports,
which are pretty ugly to our users, come out with text boxes, shading,
etc.  It will even produce color output.  The type of conversion is
determined, in our case anyway, by the form type.

We have it monitor certain outqs and automatically process whatever
appears in them.

We create both PCL & PDF docs with it and copy them to the IFS.  We
serve the reports via a net.data driven web page.

It is priced per AS/400, not per user/seat/doc.

I will say it's had it's share of bugs over the years, but they've
pretty much all been fixed in the latest release.

JetForms is now owned by Adobe.