From: Ted Barry [mailto:tbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 4:22 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Problem with CPYFRMSTMF Using Pipe(|) Delimited Data

Here's a sample of the data as it sits on OPT01:

Browse : /qopt/030502_0922/CONTRA~1.TXT

Record :       1   of  339049 by  14            Column :    1    621 by  79

Control :

...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+..
..
************Beginning of data**************

IPS|APN|HSENO|HSESUB|DIR|STR|SFX|UNITNO|CITY|ZIP|MAILADDR|M_HSENO|M_STR|M_CI

A013|001-011-005-4|10000|||ARMSTRONG|RD||BYRON||RT 1 BOX 4A HOT SPRINGS
RD;BYRO
A013|001-011-012-0|6320|||BYRON HOT PO BX 327||SP RD|BYRON||P O BOX
327;BYRON C
A013|001-011-013-8||||BYRON HOT SPRINGS|RD||BYRON||255 GLACIER DR;MARTINEZ
CA;%
A013|001-011-017-9|3790|||ARMSTRONG|RD||BYRON||3790 ARMSTRONG RD;BYRON
CA;|3790

Everything is separated by a pipe (|).

>>> EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/21/04 01:38PM >>>
Oh?  I see that in the subject line, but I guess I never saw that in his
question.  If that's the case, then you're right on target.  Sorry, bout
that....

Ted, can you tell us about the data?  Are character fields surrounded by "?
If not, try the CPYFRMIMPF command again, with the STRDLM(*NONE) parm.

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863