I  had this same problem the other day.  What did I do?
 Went through all the ca and certs in *public, deleted all
the expired ones, created a new store, and exported the
keys to the *system store.

Then deleted my temp store.  The keys placed into the store
I created happened to be up to date.  So go figure.  :)

Brad

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=177&context=SSEQTJ&q1=verisign+ca&uid=swg21156795&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en