We use Tivoli Storage Manager on our iSeries to backup all of our PC's.
Don't have TSM?  Buy an Enterprise package and I think it's one of the
throw in's.  There's a mailing list at marist.edu that supports TSM.  The
volume of email on midrange-L, rpg400-l and a few others are a small
trickle compared to the volume of email on that list.  TSM is very
popular.

"All creatures will make merry... under pain of death."
-Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/15/2004 09:32 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: QNTC

That's very unfortunate. Now I'm stuck looking at other platforms for my
save restore functions. Unless BRMS or something like that will allow us
do this. We'd really like a enterprise backup tool that will work across
multiple platforms. And I'd really like it to reside on our iSeries.
Currently we have 3 different backups going in two different locations.
It's a pain to keep track especially since in our remote location, there
is
not an IT presence. If the backup fails there, I have to VNC into their
backup server and diagnose from there. What a pain.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Andy Youens"       |
|         |           <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           uk>                 |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           midrange-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           01/15/2004 09:17 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Midrange Systems    |
|         |           Technical Discussion|
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                            |
  |       cc:                                                       |
  |       Subject:  RE: QNTC          |

Hi Mark
It is not possible to save any of the /QNTC files unfortunately.
We could have done with this feature over the last couple of releases.
Regards
Andy