From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Kohlndorfer
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 6:19 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Session Time Out?

I work remotely from our iSeries.
I connect to the LAN through a Nokia VPN device then use Client Access
Express to get on the iSeries.

My problem is that if my iSeries session is inactive for about 20
minutes, when I go back and try anything it disconnects me.  I can set
up my Client Access session to automatically reconnect and signon but I
would rather it not disconnected me so quickly. The session job log
gives me a CPF5140 error saying the Session stopped by a request from
device. Cause . . The request shutdown was caused by either the user
turning the power off, be a device error, or the ASCII controller
inactivity timer.

I did not power the session off.
I do not know of any device error happening (perhaps my Nokia VPN device
is disconnecting me by my network guy says it is set for over 1 hour
before it disconnects and besides I do not have to reconnect to the VPN
device only the iSeries), What is the ASCII controller inactivity timer?

My system value QINACTITV is set at 240 (4 hours).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bob Kohlndorfer