According to that site, ERRC0200 seems to be for national language handling. It mentions something called "CCHAR support". I searched in the improved search page and found that this is a data type (convertible character) for replacement data in message descriptions. The help in ADDMSGD says, among other things, "See the Message Handler section of the National Language Support information in the AS/400 Information Center". Apparently RCVMSG and RTVMSG and equivalent APIs have parameters for the CCSID to change to.

So if you do NOT want CCSID conversion of your message data, put something other than -1 in that field.

HTH
Vern