Views are indeed accessible via RPG keyed access.  However, only by RRN.
Think of them as a logical file with select/omit criteria, usually with a
different format than the physical, and with no key fields.

AFAIK, the above applies to all views.

You are correct that SQL indexes can be used for keyed access by RPG.  With
one exception, EVI indexes created with the "create Encoded Vector Index ...
" statement.  Though a logical file gets created for an EVI index the same
as a normal one, you cannot open the resulting file.  Interestingly, I
recall that you couldn't even use CRTDUPOBJ at one time; however, from a
quick test that seems to have changed.

HTH,
Charles

<snip>