Joe Pluta wrote:
> It's the trend.  IBM doesn't support 6-year-old versions of OS/400, so
> why would they do the same for Windows?

Because of the vast numbers of installs of OS' like W98.  To me, there
isn't any comparison between how OS/400 has changed in 6 years compared to
how Windows has changed in 6 years.  Think about all of the things you can
do with OS/400 now that you couldn't do then.  Now think of what a user
would be missing out by staying on W98.  If I could, I'd have stayed with
the combo of W98se and Office 97 for quite some time in the future.
Nothing in the new systems offers any justifiable benefits.

> Me, I'm worried they're going to drop support for W2K Pro, since I
> have
> so far managed to avoid the move to XP.

Yet, they have decided to retain support of Windows NT instead of W98.  I
don't get it.

Bill