At one other company (6-7 years ago, about 20 people in help desk, development, and operations) we used Aldon - it did not create anything out of QTEMP on its own - you set up a hierarchy of libraries for the various stages of promotion, and copies of the source and objects moved up and down that tree. Same with TurnOver, which I recommended at another company where I worked (4-5 years ago, approx. 5 people in 400 development & operations). I was disenchanted by the delays in Affiniti getting done right on the part of Aldon - cannot speak to the current situation. As I recall, the differences were very small - don't remember what I thought of Implementer at the time - sorry, David. I think I liked project management better with TurnOver.

Aldon usually adds some training, I think, to the initial cost. TurnOver might, but we didn't need it - got it over the phone, I think, instead of a person coming out. Maybe my previous experience let us get away without on-site training, don't remember.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. And you will save your butt over and over. Even very small shops can benefit greatly, although you may think you don't need this much change management. You also get better control over development resources - your developers may scream for awhile that they don't have the "free" access they used to have, but that's part of the problems these apps can correct. Just present it as protection for them, etc. - the vendors can help you here - and learn how to convince them they will actually get their job done better and faster and more reliably.

BTW, I've a great memory, just short.

HTH
Vern