From: Brian Eckenrod [mailto:beckenrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 3:36 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: change management software

A few years ago I headed a project to choose change management software for
my employer.  We reviewed all the major players at the time:  Silvon, Aldon,
Softlanding, perhaps some others I cannot remember.

The basic outcome was that Softlanding was, by far, the superior product
when comparing features and fuctions, but was also nearly double the cost of
the others.  I believe our second choice, just based on features and
function was Silvon's product.  I do have proctical experience with
Softlanding and Silvon and would choose Softlanding based on that experience
as well.

As it turned out, we did not purchase anything as the AS400 group was
absorbed in to an SAP implementation, but that's a story for another day....

This was a couple years ago, so I'm sure the features of each have changed,
but that's my experience.

HTH,
Brian