Is this directed at me?  I don't follow well once it's been top posted...
(I still read top to bottom for some strange reason ;) )

I'll answer anyway.  Yes, we have found data out of sync, but generally the
objects have already been put on hold because they failed the automatic
check.  We run the CRC check then fix the parts that fail.  We haven't taken
the time yet to figure out all of the reasons for objects to fail the check,
but the most common is when something unusual happens (like someone did a
CPYF *REPLACE or ended journaling or got a lock on the file on the target.

Unlike the other person who commented, we haven't run a full CRC check of
all files.  We are not 24x7 and still shut our system down for backup every
night; therefore, we cannot just let the CRC checks run for a couple days.

The truth is, if a fail passes the attribute check, it's unlikely to fail
the CRC check.  Yes, it can happen.  I won't quote a statistic (we all know
the value of them!) but Vision said they had a very high percentage of
success with the regular check.

As usual, YMMV.