Wrt post at bottom:  Don't feel bad, Al.  I not only wasn't invited, but
hadn't even heard-a this until posted on this list.

I dunno, 'course, but I thin' that IBM (like a lotta companies) is making an
very strong effort to maintain open communications with their customers.
For very pragmatic reasons.

I think IBM's still trying to find that "sweet spot".  Somewhere in between
little to no contacts..
..and getting to know each and every company that uses their products.. and
each and every developer that works on them.. and each and every end-user of
the software developed.

Iirc, there was an iChat where Mr. Duncan (formerly head of iSeries
Division) said they were going to call each and every one-a their customers
once a quarter...  I never got a call (dunno if anyone did), and mebbe
program was cut for budgetary reasons?  Dunno.

WOULD be interesting!

| I really don't expect to see this type of TV advertising, but as
| to reaching
| the decision makers, just who do you think these iSeries buyers go to for
| fast advice about computers?  Their kids (who will also be the decision
| makers of tomorrow)....  Maybe there's no direct way to reach this current
| generation....

"Where there's a will, there's a way", so assume that with enough
elbow-grease these kids (and young folks in college, and "old fogies" who
are going through re-educating themselves) will eventually be reached.
Mebbe indirectly, and mebbe not only by IBM (ie, press and such).  Similar
to how iSeries buyers get a feel for what's going on in computers.