This is my understanding, also.

| ILE would be the vehicle by which a good performing implementation of CLI
| could be delivered - just as is provides some underpinnings for Java.

Interesting.

| IBM to date have placed their bets on Java - Now we need to get to
| work to get them to implement CLI.

No doubt...  But I would add that IBM hasn't placed ALL their egg's in Sun's
basket, as that would make no sense.

Nor, imo, would investing billions of dollars in Power/SLIC if all it needed
to do was run Java..

(../especially/ given the customer-base that exists in i and z...)