G Armour wrote:
"10 years" doesn't sound old.

Think in "Internet" years.

"BBS" *definitely* sounds old!

It is :) midrange.com was originally run on a 286/12, with 20mb of DASD , running QuickBBS software. We were part of the Fidonet network ... node 1:115/439.0. Fidonet originally carried the MIDRANGE echomail conference ... which ultimately turned into MIDRANGE-L.

My last experience with a BBS was Newslink, circa 1985-1986.

Funny you should mention that ... I started "The Midrange System BBS" because of the Newslink service. When News/34-38 originally started the service, it was free. Once they started charging a subscription for it (which I, as a starving programmer, couldn't justify) I decided it was a fine idea, but should be free. So, I started the BBS.

Hand me my cane.

Get in line :)

david