From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2003 3:33:52 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Record Lockup Problem...

Problem: Two users at different workstations have the same record open in a
database.

User 1 is just viewing the record on their screen.

User 2 needs to update or change the open record.

User 1 has walks away from their desk and left the record open and displayed
on their workstation.

User 2's workstation "locks up" waiting for User 1 to close the record so it
can be updated.

User 2 calls the System Administrator to complain about the workstation
being "locked up".

It would not be feasible for the System Administrator to go around to each
workstation in an attempt to find User 1 and close the record.

Is there a way to show the System Administrator the user IDs, workstations,
or device names in the situation described above?

Marsha Barton / Computer System Tech
Brevard County Public Safety / Criminal Justice Services
1040 S. Florida Ave.
Rockledge, FL 32955
(321) 633-2006 Ext. 52330
marsha.barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx