From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Johnson
Sent: 22 October 2003 15:27
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Test Development System Survey (HIPAA)

I went back to the archives to search for this discussion that I
recalled reading (it was from July 2003 titled "Test Development System
Survey")...

<clip>
We are currently using our AS400 production box for development as well
(the test/production systems are separated by logins/environment
variables).
How many of you all also combine both on one machine, and has this
caused
performance problems for you? Or do you use a test machine for
development
specifically because of this (or wish you had one)?
<clip>

We also have one iSeries partition housing all of our environments
(Lawson HCM).  I'm starting to hear news that we will be moving our
dev/test environments to a separate partition due to HIPAA requirements.
Has anyone else started to hear the same, or already acted on HIPAA
requirements by splitting environments yet?  Any tips/benefits/drawbacks
for having Lawson 7.2.2.6 Prod/Dev environments on separate iSeries
partitions?

I saw a couple of strings in the archives that mentioned HIPAA
requirements, but they didn't appear to focus on the issue of splitting
Prod/Dev/Test environments in order to comply with the extensive set of
privacy/security standards that are defined by HIPAA.

I don't want to resurrect the original discussion as to which
methodology is better...  However, as a sidebar, I would like to know if
anyone has been able to tie Osama Bin Laden or Al-Qaida to the creation
of the HIPAA requirements.  <grin>

Thanks,
Steve