Am on V5R1, am trying to activate the internal modem for ECS type activity, viz., sending problem information to IBM. The method using the Ethernet card does not work, as the machine is behind a NAT firewall and there is no machine with an address visible to the Internet.

In OpsNav I used to have an L2TP originator profile, which I tried to modify and use, at first. That, of course, did not work. Then I deleted that and added a dial-up profile, using the AT&T Global Network (?) 800 numbers - local Rochester numbers provided in the wizard did not work.

The profile does work - modem makes connections - tried our fax modem first, and communications were established, of course, to no avail.

I now have tried to connect a number of times, both with SNDPTFORD and with SNDSRVRQS with an *PREPARED problem. I get CPF8C01, which states:

Message . . . . : Cannot connect to IBM service system. One session allowed.
Cause . . . . . : Only one communications session at a time is allowed to the IBM service system. A new session cannot start until the current session is complete.
Recovery . . . : Try the request again after the current communications session is ended.

Is the problem on my end, or at IBM? This happened originally last week (Thursday or Friday), but the condition persists today. There are prestart jobs QTPPPSSN, one still running, and a batch job QTPPPCTL that I cannot end with 4 *IMMED. I have tried ENDTCPPTP *ALL *ANY, and one QTPPPSSN is still around. I can end that with ENDPJ. I've not wanted to use ENDJOBABN on QTPPPCTL yet.

Help!

Vern