Hi Keith,

Thanks!  I'd already found the 2nd link, and the PDF document is the Netgear
instructions with comments added by Darren, a responder in the forum the 2nd
link points to (Tek Tips).  I'll check those out.

In the meantime, I discovered a severe drawback to all this for my
situation.  I have a VPN Client I'm using to connect to another customer,
and it complains that the IPSEC Policy Agent service is not DISABLED on
startup, and that I have to stop the service, change its startup to
DISABLED, then reboot.  That's a major problem for me, having to reboot just
to switch between customers.

Looks like I should be looking at SSH Sentinel or some other VPN client that
won't require the service and will coexist with the Extranet VPN client I'm
already using.

Thanks for your help!

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice
909 793-4480 fax
909 522-3214 cell

<Keith>
> I started to send a very detailed and lengthy reply, and then thought
> better of it.  I do not want to inadvertently make your situation more
> complex.  I have not worked with the configuration you are describing.
> There are too many variables for me to attempt to work out without being
> familiar with the router.
>
> I did however find a couple of sites making references to this type of
> configuration.  The first link is to a PDF with detailed instructions.
The
> second link goes to a forum of other people who have this configuration
> working.  Try their tips.  I think you should note that the PDF document
> shows a PC connected directly to the internet, not behind a router.  Your
> Linksys router may still be your stumbling block.
>
> http://home.stny.rr.com/ranch/reference/FVS318_W2Kupdated.pdf
> http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/5/lev3/34/pid/463/qid/562178
> http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N100757.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818043&Product=win20
00

> Also try other sites listed via the google search below.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=W2k+to+F
VS318+vpn

</Keith>

---