Hey all,

I have a jobq set up like this:

Seq  Job                       Max   ---------Max by Priority----------
Nbr  Queue       Library     Active   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
 15  MLTFTPJOBQ  QGPL             5   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1

the purpose of which is to run many different jobs through different
threads of the jobq without stopping one another.

I have several such jobs that are scheduled to run at certain times of the
day.

using addjobscde or chgjobscde is very limited in what you can do as far as
setting up library lists, jobptys, etc, so I only use the jobscde to submit
another job, with all the sbmjob parameters I need to run the actual job.

My problem is that I think that i'm not getting the second submit job in
the proper job prty thread.

To test, i created a CLP that does nothing but 'wait 400' seconds.

Then, I submitted it like this to simulate the job being submitted from a
jobscde:

SBMJOB CMD( SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(STOPJOBQ)) JOB(SBM4) JOBQ(QGPL/MLTFTPJOBQ)
JOBPTY(4))
       JOB(SBMJOBD) JOBQ(QGPL/MLTFTPJOBQ)

it submitted the first job to pty 5 (the jobd default), which then
submitted the call to STOPJOBQ, supossedly to JOBPTY(4).  problem is, I go
to the job in QBATCH subsystem, and it says it's running under 5, not 4

subsequent submits of the same command sit behind that submit, in pty 5.

what gives?   does anyone have any ideas about how I can get this to work
properly?

thanks,

Rick