hey all

this happened to me this week, and it gave me fits - I'm at V5R1.

i have a Physical with the field defined  5 packed, 5 decimals (  .00000 )

I have a .csv file I copied from the IFS into the PF using cpyfrmimpf -
here is a sampling of the numbers that map to the above field, just as they
appear in the file (leading and trailing fields not shown)

,0.07140,
,0.08860,
,0.08200,
,0.07630,
,0.07570,
,0.08410,

this is how these same numbers mapped to the 5P 5 file field:

.00071
.00088
.00082
.00076
.00075
.00084

scary huh?

I created an intermediate file with this field represented as 7P 6, did the
cpyfrmimpf to it and it worked as expeced, so I then copied that to the
original file with *MAP *DROP, and all is well.

But, you would think i'd at least get a truncate error or something though,
wouldn't you?

Can you say APAR?

Rick