QDBJRN is just another journal, isn't it?  Even if I RCVJRNE on it, it
won't make the entries unavailable to another process, will it?

QAUDJRN won't necessarily capture file creations and deletions (unless
*OBJMGT ? is set on QAUDLVL).  Even if they were being captured, would it
tell me whether the file was a source PF?

QADBXREF: Yours is the first I've ever heard about not reading the
QADBXREF file - not touching it period.  I've known that it was not
recommended to build logicals on that file, but I've never run into
problems querying the file.  Does IBM warn against this?

The 1000 limit was just an example.  Does the system limit the number of
objects that can be audited?  Or are there any performance implications
with having a large number of objects (in this case, only source files -
again, by nature, being very low volume) being audited?

Thanks for giving me a few more things to think about!

GA