        From:   John Allen [SMTP:jallen@xxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent:   Monday, September 08, 2003 12:58 PM
        To:     'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
        Subject:        RE: Socket program problem

        I thought about this, because it is the way I expected the program
to be
        written.
        But then I found that I could send 2,000 bytes of data from the
iSeries and
        the PC receives it in pieces. PC might receive the first 1990 bytes
then the
        next receive would get the 10 bytes.
        If I end the transmission with "NO MORE DATA"  The last receive on
the PC
        might be "MORE DATA" (the "NO" might be included in the first
receive the PC
        did.
        If I use this method I guess I would have to buffer all the received
data on
        the PC and keep checking for NO MORE DATA then once it is received
process
        the buffered data?

        Or am I confused?