Tom,

You're right about the explicit field lists.  Sorry that I wasn't clear on
that.

You're questionable about the new fields needing the maintenance program
recompiled.  If I add a field that converts a 6 digit date into a true
date field, the maintenance on that could easily be handled with a
trigger.  However, in a perfect world, the maintenance program would use a
true date field and the trigger would convert that into the 6 digit date
field for compatibility with the other programs.  Thus getting the right
date and not having to use a cut off date.

Benjamin Franklin

qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Tom Liotta)
08/12/2003 06:30 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion