-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan M. Andelin

True.  But you're still placing a combination HTTP-Application server in the
DMZ.

Why not place a Web server in the DMZ for public, static content?  But in
the case of a request for a protected application, why not pass it from the
firewall defining the entry point to the DMZ to the firewall defining the
exit point to the DMZ and finally to the OS/400 HTTP Server which is located
in the protected LAN segment?