Mark,

>   What authorities are required to view the joblog of an
> active job?  I
> have *JOBMGT authority, but I can't see the joblog of some
> of the jobs on
> the system.

I've never heard of *JOBMGT, so maybe you meant *JOBCTL?

In any case, *JOBCTL let's you look at and modify the properties of
someone else's job.  But it does not grant the ability to see a job of a
user who has *ALLOBJ special authority (unless, of course you also have
*ALLOBJ authority).  If you want to see the joblog of someone with
*ALLOBJ authority, use a little program like this.

PGM   PARM(&JobName &JobNumber)

DCL &JobName   *CHAR 10
DCL &JobNumber *CHAR 6

DSPJOBLOG JOB(&JobNumber/*N/&JobName)

ENDPGM

Have this program adopt the authority of an *ALLOBJ user, and then
authorize a limited number of people to *USE the program, and voila!
Problem solved.

jte

--
John Earl | Chief Technology Officer