-----Original Message-----
From: ouuch@xxxxxxxxxxx

well, we have a shipment notification file, which is regularly polled for
new shipments by a
remote location. A shipment can consist of lots of records, so we need to
make sure that
remote gets all records and not only 99 because the last record hasn't been
written yet.

A colleague came up with the idea to use commitment control here (we have
never worked with
it before):

             - start commit cycle
             - write xxx records
             - commit

He believes all xxx records will only get visible in the file when the
commit is issued. Is this
true?

I suggested to have a last-line flag and a logical only showing records with
that flag active.
Remote can poll the logical and when it finds the last record, then read
from the physical file
with the appropriate key.

Any other solutions for this problem?