Did you set up the system value QUPSMSGQ to point at your new message
queue?

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

Cyndi Bradberry <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
07/18/2003 12:10 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "'MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxx Com' (E-mail)" <MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        Best UPS

Help !  I don't know what has happened to my UPS (if anything).

We had 3 power failures in less than 2 weeks, and so it was decided to
implement a power monitor to send emails to departmental cell phones.
After
consulting the list and reading lots, I created the QSYS/QSYSMSG message
queue. I created this on June 20. I have had NO messges since then
concerning power.

I have hunted back thru QHST and found that the last power blip was on
June
21 of one second. There is a message in QHST and on the UPS, but nothing
in
QSYSMSG.

Now, once upon a time, I used to see a one minute power off/on blip
(CPF1816
and CPF1817) that we figured was the UPS doing it's self test. Again,
there
are NO Messages on the UPS or on the AS/400.

I have checked and the cable is connected tightly on both ends.

What else should I be checking ?

Luckily, we haven't had a power failure since the 19th of June, but I am
worried that I don't appear to be having any more self tests.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID

"The Idaho Housing and Finance Association provides funding
for affordable housing in Idaho communities. IHFA is not a state
agency under state law, and uses no state funds or state employees
to support its operations."