From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ingvaldson, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:57 PM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Group PTF status

I know that a few months back there was a problem with Group PTFs showing a
status of Not installed even though all of the PTF were in an applied
status, but has anyone seen anything like this:

On 06/29/03 at 8 pm I installed C03077520 as well as some group PTFs.  I
verified that the install was successful and that all Group PTFs showed a
status of Installed, though I am not sure of the exact group levels.

On 06/30/03 at 10:09 am I compared the PTFs on this system with my model
system and found them to match.  At 10:51 I ordered C03161520 for my model
system from this system.  Two minutes later the system apparently placed a
call for SF99098, SF99169, SF99271 and SF99502, though it does not appear to
have actually ordered these (every PTF shows Requested = No on the Display
PTF Information screen.)

Now WRKPTFGRP shows this:
PTF Group             Level  Status
SF99519                  54  Installed
SF99502                   8  Not installed
SF99271                   8  Not installed
SF99169                  12  Not installed
SF99098                   9  Not installed
SF99085                   4  Installed

When I display the groups with a status of "Not installed" I find the most
recent PTFs in a status of "Not found".

This is confusing to me as I did not intend to order these groups at this
time, and I am not thrilled to see my Group PTFs in "Not installed" status
only one day after I had gotten them all to "Installed".

I called Supportline and their first answer was "Maybe when you ordered the
Cume it updated the Group PTF information to let you know that those groups
were available."  They're looking into it....

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group