(Posted to both Midrange-L & MI400)

Please, someone tell me that there's a way to bring up the "Define the Query"
without having to
call the WRKQRY command and having to select one from the Work with Queries
display!

Like, to be able to use option 2=Change from WRKOBJPDM on a *QRYDFN object and
just be able to
jump to the "Define the Query" screen.  I would be HAPPY to consider an
unsupported
command/program/interface/whatever.  (I'm on v5r2.)  I am tired of being forced
to use this
kludge.

Surely, there must be a program to call.  The call stack changes to include
QQUDC in library
QQRYLIB once a query is selected from the list and "Define the Query" screen is
displayed.  Tried
calling it, but it requires parameters.  Is there a way to determine parameter
attributes from a
program object?

If it matters, we use security level 30.  I would be willing to consider
creating a shell program
to be able to run a system-state program, if necessary.

Anyone who can respond positively to this simple request (?) has my vote for
iSeries hero of the
year.

Easily annoyed today,
- Dan