John,

I have asked IBM for this, but as of yet not heard a response.  (I only
asked yesterday afternoon.)  In truth, I have no idea how large the file
is.  When I did the video with Buell Duncan a few years ago (which
admittedly was much longer), the file was large enough that IBM could not
e-mail it, but had to send me a CD.  (about 500 MB.)

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/25/2003 09:42:32 AM:

> Al,
>
> Can you get them to allow the clip to be downloaded (like many of the
> testimonials on the web site)?
>
> Playing the clip would help advance the AS/400 mission ... also, my
> students will love it!!!
>
> John
>
> At 04:34 PM 6/24/2003, you wrote:
>

> >The truth be known, that "tech" was me.  It's a positively true story.
> >
> >Al
> >
> >Al Barsa, Jr.
> >Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
> >
> >400>390
> >
> >914-251-1234
> >914-251-9406 fax
> >
> >http://www.barsaconsulting.com
> >http://www.taatool.com
> >

> >midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/24/2003 11:44:03 AM:
> >
> > > Has anyone noticed the iSeries "Lost" legend story at
> > > http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/legends/
> > >
> > > It really makes no sense the way it's told.  It says a service rep
shows
> > > up to do a check up on the "server".  For starters, take a look at
how
> > > he's dressed.  Apart from the cap he looks more like a UPS driver.
Any
> > > younger and he'd be in diapers.  And is that a pocket protector for
his
> > > pens?  (Yeah - it's funny, but I don't think they intended that to be
> > > funny).  Then the server is found in a room at 140'F and the A/C
failed 2

> > > years ago, and it says it rebooted and got back to work.  SO - it had
> >been
> > > down for 2 years, since the A/C failed, and no one noticed?  It got
right

> > > back to keeping the union organized and running, so presumably they
had
> > > been disorganized and down for 2 years?  It sat turned off in a 140'F
> >room
> > > for two years?  Big deal, the allowable operating temperature range
is
> > > 50'F to 100'F and for shipping or storing a system the allowable
range is

> > > well outside that.  And I don't know about you, but I've never heard
of
> > > anyone getting a nosebleed from the heat.  Maybe from a good punch in
the

> > > nose, which is what the creators of this "legend" story deserve.
It's