That's the problem. The users' group authority, which is granted from the
ERP package, contains JOBCTL special authority. This is required by the
package. We use menu level security, No-one has a command line, so I guess
I stuck with a file based system.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|--------+------------------------------------>
|        |          Vern Hamberg              |
|        |          <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|        |          ology.com>                |
|        |          Sent by:                  |
|        |          midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxx|
|        |          e.com                     |
|        |                                    |
|        |                                    |
|        |          06/23/2003 12:46 PM       |
|        |          Please respond to Midrange|
|        |          Systems Technical         |
|        |          Discussion                |
|        |                                    |
|--------+------------------------------------>

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                             |
  |       cc:
                              |
  |       Subject:     Re: Securing an outq
                              |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Look in the archives for SPLCTL and JOBCTL. OUTQ security is a little
weird. You should probably refer tot he Tips and Tools for Securing Your
iSeries. To quote,

>A user with *SPLCTL special authority can see any spooled file on the
>system, no matter what efforts you make to secure your output queues.

There is a section in the Security manual on Printing in the Work
Management chapter (near page 186). Read until you understand it well.

Clearly you need to check for users with *SPLCTL special authority.
There're reports in GO SECTOOLS that'll show this, including mismatches
between user class and special authorities. There's also a PRTQAUT command
that can be called from that menu.

HTH

Vern